Oracle Exadata provides the highest-performing and most-available infrastructure for running Oracle Database. Oracle Exadata architecture features a scale-out design with industry-standard servers and intelligent storage, including state-of-the-art flash technology and a high-speed InfiniBand internal fabric.
Benefits of Exadata
- Fastest Oracle database performance for any workload: OLTP, analytics, data warehousing, and consolidation
- Executes latency-sensitive and mission-critical business transactions at a blazing speed
- Speeds analytic performance by up to 100x compared to generic hardware
- Handles critical business operations and decisions with unparalleled speed and ease of use
- Accelerates complex queries, month-end/quarter-end reports, data load, analysis, and mining by 10x–100x
- Reduces space usage for analytics by up to 10x
- Delivers even further compression for archival data
- Smart tiering of flash and disk delivers flash-level performance at the cost of high-capacity disk
- Eliminates the costs of downtime and data loss
- Applications continue during an outage with no interruption
Tangenz Infrastructure Support for Exadata
- Installing and configuring databases on Exadata.
- Migrating Databases/Data from current Infrastructure to Exadata. Methodology in place if current Customer database is running on different non-linux Operating System
- Database upgrade as needed as a part of migration
- Performance Tuning
- Resource Manager
- Setting up backup
- Setup Monitoring using OEM
- Setting up DR site using Oracle DataGuard or Oracle Active DataGuard as per client requirements.
- For migration with minimal down time, Tangenz can setup Golden Gate to migrate data from existing databases to Exadata while system is up and running
- Setting up Container and Plugable databases (only for 12C version)